This is my friend Alexa. She is 8 years old. She lives next door, and we play ALL THE TIME. We have had lots of sleep-overs. A while ago Alexa called over the fence and asked if I could play. Normal Alexa. We see this bird and Alexa says, "Look. It's going to take off." I started walking towards it. And it let me get very close to it. Which is not at all normal for a bird. It starts hopping and sort of limping on its wing. It hides in the most thorniest bushes around are house. Me and Alexa's tools to get the bird out without touching it: Sand bucket, net, and baby shovel. It was in our little pine tree stack in some thorny branches in a really uncomfortable position. We used the shovel to move back the branches. And then tried to use the net to scoop it up. But it just made the bird go underneath tons of leaves. We started moving leaves and got the bucket. It didn't seem like it was working so Alexa went to go find something else while I kept trying. I know you all are thinking, "What the heck is the matter with that bird?" Its wing was hurt and it was to frightened and in too much pain it wouldn't move. Anyway, I kept trying with that bucket and I finally got it. I yelled for Alexa and we hurried into Alexa's backyard. We got to crates. One for the floor and one for the roof. Then we put it under the tramp for shade. We put some old rags at the bottom for a cushion. And I got water and Alexa got a worm. We put some plastic gloves on for safety. It was sitting really weird so I carefully picked it up with my gloves and I was going to put it down but I said, "Look, I'm holding a bird for the very first tiiiiimmmmmee aaaaahhhhh!" The bird starts hopping and going crazy and me and Alexa are both screaming bloody murder. It settled down and lands right in its water bowl. There is a moment of silence then.... "Its hot tubb'in." I said. Alexa starts laughing at me and then I knew we had to get the bird out of its water bowl so I quickly grabbed it and put it back on the bottom. Right on top of the worm. The worm struggles to get out but the bird doesn't really notice. Alexa and I started talking about where we would put it for the night and we decided her playhouse because it is very airy but it still has shelter. She starts "getting it ready" and I watch the bird. It starts hopping around. I tell Alexa and then she goes back to work. But the bird sees the roof so it starts giving up. I take the top crate off but then it sees the tramp. I take it out from under the tramp not thinking it could fly yet. And it starts flapping and takes off. Alexa missed the whole thing. I tell her what hapened and she couldn't believe she missed the whole thing.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Alexa
This is my friend Alexa. She is 8 years old. She lives next door, and we play ALL THE TIME. We have had lots of sleep-overs. A while ago Alexa called over the fence and asked if I could play. Normal Alexa. We see this bird and Alexa says, "Look. It's going to take off." I started walking towards it. And it let me get very close to it. Which is not at all normal for a bird. It starts hopping and sort of limping on its wing. It hides in the most thorniest bushes around are house. Me and Alexa's tools to get the bird out without touching it: Sand bucket, net, and baby shovel. It was in our little pine tree stack in some thorny branches in a really uncomfortable position. We used the shovel to move back the branches. And then tried to use the net to scoop it up. But it just made the bird go underneath tons of leaves. We started moving leaves and got the bucket. It didn't seem like it was working so Alexa went to go find something else while I kept trying. I know you all are thinking, "What the heck is the matter with that bird?" Its wing was hurt and it was to frightened and in too much pain it wouldn't move. Anyway, I kept trying with that bucket and I finally got it. I yelled for Alexa and we hurried into Alexa's backyard. We got to crates. One for the floor and one for the roof. Then we put it under the tramp for shade. We put some old rags at the bottom for a cushion. And I got water and Alexa got a worm. We put some plastic gloves on for safety. It was sitting really weird so I carefully picked it up with my gloves and I was going to put it down but I said, "Look, I'm holding a bird for the very first tiiiiimmmmmee aaaaahhhhh!" The bird starts hopping and going crazy and me and Alexa are both screaming bloody murder. It settled down and lands right in its water bowl. There is a moment of silence then.... "Its hot tubb'in." I said. Alexa starts laughing at me and then I knew we had to get the bird out of its water bowl so I quickly grabbed it and put it back on the bottom. Right on top of the worm. The worm struggles to get out but the bird doesn't really notice. Alexa and I started talking about where we would put it for the night and we decided her playhouse because it is very airy but it still has shelter. She starts "getting it ready" and I watch the bird. It starts hopping around. I tell Alexa and then she goes back to work. But the bird sees the roof so it starts giving up. I take the top crate off but then it sees the tramp. I take it out from under the tramp not thinking it could fly yet. And it starts flapping and takes off. Alexa missed the whole thing. I tell her what hapened and she couldn't believe she missed the whole thing.
