Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Jimenez


So, my orchestra teacher is Ms. Jimenez. She's tiny, but she makes up for it. She's mean, yells at you, grades you unfairly, gives you dirty looks and is always telling us how much better Oak Canyon (the other school she works at) is at playing at us. But weirdly, she's funny and acts like a teenager too. It's sort of a weird balance. And even though I'm always willing to point out to people how awful she is, I really want her to like me. Like REAL bad. I don't know why I'm so desperate for her love. Whenever I mess up or forget something and have to go tell her is always painful because I know she's about to give me the dirtiest look. And that time when she was tuning my violin and I had to bend down really far because she's so short, she laughed and said, "Thanks." It was like the best thing ever. I made her laugh!And even though she's really mean, when we were saying goodbye to her at our last concert ever with her after three years, I almost cried. I realized that I was going to miss her so much. she brought me from a little 7th grader who sucked to a Chamber kid. So, to show her my appreciation I wanted to get her something special: Mountain Dew and M&M's. And a note. She was in one of her moods, but I went up to her and she smiled at me and gave me a hug. So, getting her to like me? Mission accomplished. (BTW, I got this picture of her from facebook because I secretly stalk her. But, I don't want to add her because...that'd be weird. I dunno. Man, this is sad.)

3 comments:

mandi said...

I have mixed feelings about her, too. She really was an amazing teacher, but she was also mean at me, which made me mean at her. But then I saw all the awesomeness her strictness produced and I liked her again. She's a conundrum, that one.

Good job making it through 3 years!! Hey, did you ask her about a CD of your last concert? It was so amazingly good. I really need one. The Schindler's List song was my fave of all time!!

Pam and Rand said...

I loved this story - what a good writer you are! I'm glad you won her over - though I'll bet she liked you all along. I havn't liked her since she seemed to be hiding your stolen violyn. That was too bazaar! Maybe she doesn't get enough sleep and can't help being mean. Chocolate and caffiene can surely win anyone over I think.
Have fun stalking her - ha ha.

Maddie said...

Oh yeah, I did ask her about the CD. She said I needed to bring a blank one for her to burn...oops. Uh, heh heh. :3