Ok you may not believe this but right now I'm wearing a sling! And trying to type. How I did it: Alexa came over and was wearing some old heelys her cousin gave her. We were going to go around the block with them. We started practicing on the driveway. I guess I did them wrong and fell on my back but used my arm to try and break my fall. I knocked the wind out of me and couldn't breathe for like 10 seconds. I was mouthing to Alexa who didn't know what to do,"I can't breathe!" Finally I got a little bit of air in me but was still having trouble and started to cry. My arm was killing me!!!We went to my mom who was working in the yard and told her and my dad and me and my dad went to my aunt who is a nurse. She was in bed sleeping but we woke her up and told her what happened. She said wait an hour and see if it still hurts. I actually waited 3-6 hours due to us doing fireworks. It still killed and I was not using it. My aunt said It could be fractured. It was past the time they close so we would get a fee but my aunt felt so bad she said she could avoid it since she works there. I went there got an x-ray and it was fine but it was still sprained and now I have to wear this mold with bandages over it and I have a sling. Yeah. I'm smart.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Ouchy!
Ok you may not believe this but right now I'm wearing a sling! And trying to type. How I did it: Alexa came over and was wearing some old heelys her cousin gave her. We were going to go around the block with them. We started practicing on the driveway. I guess I did them wrong and fell on my back but used my arm to try and break my fall. I knocked the wind out of me and couldn't breathe for like 10 seconds. I was mouthing to Alexa who didn't know what to do,"I can't breathe!" Finally I got a little bit of air in me but was still having trouble and started to cry. My arm was killing me!!!We went to my mom who was working in the yard and told her and my dad and me and my dad went to my aunt who is a nurse. She was in bed sleeping but we woke her up and told her what happened. She said wait an hour and see if it still hurts. I actually waited 3-6 hours due to us doing fireworks. It still killed and I was not using it. My aunt said It could be fractured. It was past the time they close so we would get a fee but my aunt felt so bad she said she could avoid it since she works there. I went there got an x-ray and it was fine but it was still sprained and now I have to wear this mold with bandages over it and I have a sling. Yeah. I'm smart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sorry about your poor arm. That sounds really painful. Very traumatic. I'm glad it wasn't fractured. I hope it feels better fast.
Yeah - hope you're feeling better and having fun camping!
Bummer Maddie! I did almost the same thing when I was 11. I had a moldy thing just like yours, only i did end up fracturing my hand. I was on rollerblades going down a hill and rand into a pole. I meant to do it, but I didn't think it would break bones!
I hope you heal fast.
That is a bummer, Maddie. Sorry that happend :(.
that is so sad. those darn heelys. shame on them. hope you feel better soon. and sorry about blogin. Love, Jessie
Post a Comment